Spotlight events are highlighted blue on the calendar. A separate calendar is maintained for Green Spaces, Habitats and Biodiversity theme.
- This event has passed.
Marine Awareness Day
May 18 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
A day packed with Marine Awareness activities!
Guided Nature Walks will take place at 1:30pm and 3:30pm. Please do wear wellies for these.
Plenty of Marine crafts and activities taking place.
Information stalls will be available on the day, including:
- Green Sefton, with guided coastal walks with John Dempsey
- Green Sefton Coastal Defence
- WireWall- Interactive display by LISCO (Liverpool Institute for Sustainable Coasts and Oceans) to show how they measure waves
- Nurtured Me (Wooden toys and cutlery)
- RSPB, Surfers against Sewage and Liverpool Single Use Plastics group.
- Hightown Beach Clean Group
- Lancashire Wildlife Trust
- Frack Free Formby
- Southport Beach Clean Group
- Liverpool Year of Environment 2019
- RNLI Rescue Vehicle will be there.