Activities/events highlighted blue are City Region-wide ‘Spotlight events’. Please note: calendars have been developed for YOE themes which include local events:
- This event has passed.
Health, Wellbeing and the Environment Event
January 28 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us to help launch Liverpool City Region’s Year of the Environment with an event focused on using the environment to improve health and well-being.
Our aim is to promote the region’s ‘blue and green’ assets – coast, river, parks and woodlands – as well as some of the fantastic activities which support good health.
We will also be looking at how place based care teams across Cheshire and Merseyside can respond to the challenge of how we use our environment for health.
Taking place on 28 January in the beautiful Isla Gladstone Conservatory within Liverpool’s Stanley Park, we will explore the potential to make more of our environmental assets.
This event is open to all individuals and organisations with an interest in improving health and wellbeing by using the environment; including voluntary, public sector, business and the arts.
- Be inspired by pioneering initiatives including forest schools, green gyms and NHS Forest
- Learn about innovative ways to use the environment to improve health and wellbeing
- Hear evidence of how the environment has improved health outcomes
- Explore how the environment can feature in plans for place based care.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Gideon Ben-Tovim OBE, Chair of Innovation Agency, Nature Connected, Local Nature Partnership Liverpool City Region
- Dr William Bird MBE, CEO of Intelligent Health and founder of green gyms
- Lucy Stone, Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Dave Sweeney, Executive Implementation Lead, Cheshire & Merseyside Health & Care Partnership
- Andrew Darron, Executive Director, Groundwork Cheshire, Merseyside and Lancashire
- Jo Ward, North West Social Prescribing Network
- Paul Nolan OBE, Director, Mersey Forest
- Clare Mahoney, Senior Programme Manager, NHS Liverpool CCG
- January 28
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Event Tags:
- green prescriptions, health and well being, social prescribing
- Innovation Agency NWC
- The Isla Gladstone, Liverpool
1 Anfield Rd,
Liverpool, L4 0TD + Google Map