Spotlight events are highlighted blue on the calendar. A separate calendar is maintained for Green Spaces, Habitats and Biodiversity theme.
- This event has passed.
Year of Environment Sefton Celebration
31st May 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Sefton Council’s Green team will be working with the Southport Eco-Centre to stage the 2019 Year of Environment Celebration.
- Lancashire Wildlife Trust will be on hand to promote the iNaturalist app and Greenspace Challenge.
- Edge Hill University are bringing a number of exhibits highlighting coastal change on the Sefton Dune System.
- Green Sefton will be leading walks into the neighbouring Queen’s Jubilee Nature Trail, home to Natterjack Toads, Sand Lizards and Rare Plant Species.
- Interactive Exhibits for Children, highlighting the Green approach to transport, water and power will be available in the classroom.
- Who can resist the challenge of ‘Down the Drain’ giant board game, the Recycling Dance Mat or the Fun Room?
*We have a number of spaces for stands, and can provide chairs and tables if needed* Contact John Dempsey on 01519342961 for more information*