Air pollution is something which affects each and every one of us. Together, we can raise the profile of the effects of air pollution has on our health and what we can do about it.
Join us on Clean Air Day as we bring together stakeholders from Liverpool and the wider region to discuss how clinicians, members of the public and stakeholders can work together to improve the quality of the air we all breathe.
The event will be opened by the Mayor of Liverpool (Joe Anderson OBE) followed by a panel discussion including Professor Stephen Holgate (Royal College of Physicians’ special adviser on air quality), Larissa Lockwood (head of health and air quality at global action plan) and Colleen Martin (Assistant Director- Supporting Communities at Liverpool City Council).
The panel discussion will be followed by informal discussions between participants on the key actions we can all take. We’ll also be joined by members of the British Lung Foundation’s & Client Earth’s Clean Air Parents’ Network.
This event will seek to create a range of actions that together will help improve air quality in Liverpool.
*Light refreshments will be provided*
Book your place here:
Join the Global 24 Hour Moratorium on the use of Fossil Fuels!
The guidelines for Zero Emissions day are simple:
- Don’t use or burn oil, gas or coal.
- Minimise, or ideally eliminate your use of electricity generated by fossil fuels.
- Do your best, have fun and enjoy the day!
It is up to us to take care of our planet at this point. When you’re driving something this large, you have to stop every now and then and reflect on what’s working and what is not working to get you where you really want to be!
Zero Emissions Day provides just that opportunity to benefit everything and everyone on our planet.
Sefton Council’s Green team will be working with the Southport Eco-Centre to stage the 2019 Year of Environment Celebration.
- Lancashire Wildlife Trust will be on hand to promote the iNaturalist app and Greenspace Challenge.
- Edge Hill University are bringing a number of exhibits highlighting coastal change on the Sefton Dune System.
- Green Sefton will be leading walks into the neighbouring Queen’s Jubilee Nature Trail, home to Natterjack Toads, Sand Lizards and Rare Plant Species.
- Interactive Exhibits for Children, highlighting the Green approach to transport, water and power will be available in the classroom.
- Who can resist the challenge of ‘Down the Drain’ giant board game, the Recycling Dance Mat or the Fun Room?
*We have a number of spaces for stands, and can provide chairs and tables if needed* Contact John Dempsey on 01519342961 for more information*
Wirral is set for cycling fever in 2019 as the incredible OVO Energy Tour Series and Tour of Britain come to the borough for the very first time!
The team-based OVO Energy Tour Series brings together the best in British professional male and female cyclists. See the riders including 14-time Paralympic gold medallist Dame Sarah Storey and three-time Olympic gold medallist Ed Clancy in action and up-close as they race around a 1.3km circuit of historic Hamilton Square and surrounding area at speeds of up to 60kmph.
During the daytime Hamilton Square will play host to cycling-themed activities and events for everyone to enjoy, before the professional women’s and men’s races in the early evening, with highlights of both shown on ITV4 on Thursday 23 May.
11.30am Activities Start
1pm Schools Activity
3.15pm Amateur Race
5.30pm Elite Women’s Race
7pm Elite Men’s Race
8.30pm Podium Celebrations