Join us at an event run by Energy Project charity focusing on alleviating fuel poverty and reducing our impact on the environment.
There is lots going on throughout the day, including free LED light bulbs, energy advice, recycling help plus children’s activities, refreshments and much more!
Also available is:
- Opportunity to arrange home visits to fit energy efficient products, such as LED bulbs and draught proofing
- Referrals for replacement boilers, insulation and white goods
- Support to reduce energy bills and clear gas, electricity and water debts
- People on hand to answer any recycling, household waste or fly tipping queries
- Wirral Environmental Network promoting environmentally friendly lifestyles
Free advice and support available on:
- Budgeting and financial skills from Citizens Advice Wirral
- Birkenhead Park’s Forest Schools Service
- Housing information and tenancy enquiries from Regenda Homes
- Health Homes team supporting residents to stay healthy at home
- Caritas working with children, families and parishes to build stronger communities.
Health walks taking place on Wednesday mornings across the Borough of Halton.
Walks begin at 11am and last approximately 1 hour.
Please meet in the car park (L24 4AX)
Head on down to Sefton Park and get involved a litter pick organised by Friends of Sefton Park.
Everyone is welcome, and pickers, hoops, gloves and bags are provided.
Please meet at Gino’s cafe (central cafe) at the beginning of the session.
Friends of St. Helens Cemetery will be hosting a Heritage Walking tour of the Cemetery.
Please meet in the main car park for an 11am start.
Cost is £2 per walker
Sefton Council’s Green team will be working with the Southport Eco-Centre to stage the 2019 Year of Environment Celebration.
- Lancashire Wildlife Trust will be on hand to promote the iNaturalist app and Greenspace Challenge.
- Edge Hill University are bringing a number of exhibits highlighting coastal change on the Sefton Dune System.
- Green Sefton will be leading walks into the neighbouring Queen’s Jubilee Nature Trail, home to Natterjack Toads, Sand Lizards and Rare Plant Species.
- Interactive Exhibits for Children, highlighting the Green approach to transport, water and power will be available in the classroom.
- Who can resist the challenge of ‘Down the Drain’ giant board game, the Recycling Dance Mat or the Fun Room?
*We have a number of spaces for stands, and can provide chairs and tables if needed* Contact John Dempsey on 01519342961 for more information*