Sefton Council’s Green team will be working with the Southport Eco-Centre to stage the 2019 Year of Environment Celebration.
- Lancashire Wildlife Trust will be on hand to promote the iNaturalist app and Greenspace Challenge.
- Edge Hill University are bringing a number of exhibits highlighting coastal change on the Sefton Dune System.
- Green Sefton will be leading walks into the neighbouring Queen’s Jubilee Nature Trail, home to Natterjack Toads, Sand Lizards and Rare Plant Species.
- Interactive Exhibits for Children, highlighting the Green approach to transport, water and power will be available in the classroom.
- Who can resist the challenge of ‘Down the Drain’ giant board game, the Recycling Dance Mat or the Fun Room?
*We have a number of spaces for stands, and can provide chairs and tables if needed* Contact John Dempsey on 01519342961 for more information*
For more information please see event website.
Join us for a wellbeing walk starting at Brunswick Lock, with stall from local businesses and charities.
- Two hour walk
- Local dog trainer
- Car Park
- Local train station
- Local vets practice
For more information email email@example.com
Join us for a practical day around Sefton concentrating on litter picks and cleaning up the area in general. This is one of a series of task days and the group meets on Fridays from 10am until approx. 2pm.
The meeting point for this particular task varies each week. No experience is needed though it’s appreciated if you can let us know that you’re turning up to help ensure we have enough tools and to find out where the next volunteer day is taking place!
Please wear suitable outdoor clothing which you don’t mind getting dirty and sturdy shoes. We do provide hot drinks but you may also want to bring your own flask or water bottle and a packed lunch or snack depending on how long you’re staying.
It’s a great way to meet other like minded volunteers and get to hear about other volunteering opportunities if you fancy getting more involved.